Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with business units to prioritize strategic objectives and evaluate partnership and acquisition/divestiture opportunities against identified strategies.
- Assisting deal team in evaluating potential transactions and business cases from strategic, operational and financial valuation perspectives.
- Developing detailed financial model and valuation of M & A opportunities.
- Providing key analyses and support for negotiations and working closely with internal and external partners to structure and execute transactions.
- Establishing best practices approaching M&A and partnership transactions
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- The Analyst - Mergers & Acquisitions must possess a minimum 1-2 years previous experience in investment banking or consulting with exposure to M&A transactions.
- Strong financial, analytical and valuation skills, including the ability to read and interpret financial statements and build financial models.
- Aptitude to develop and communicate strategic analyses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others and ability to drive results.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks.